― Carrie Fisher
1. Be clear: It's one thing to say what you want, and it's another thing to totally live this into being. Clarity informs the Universe of our desires. Clarity allows us to gain recognition of ourselves in spatial relationship to time. Clarity keeps us honest with ourselves.
2. Short term pleasure is just that, short. - I used to think that once I 'arrived' somewhere I would be happy, or that once my needs were met I'd feel more comfortable, or even that a new pair of shoes might do the trick. This year has taught me a lot about instant gratification. It's really not all that it's cracked up to be. It's short lived and at the end of the experience we are still left with ourselves and whatever we felt we were lacking.
3. LOVE. - Just freaking love all ready. Make love a verb in your life. Love the shit outta the people who are right in front of you! Use love as an adjective. Love yourself, I dare you! I'm in the process of loving myself, and considering it a full time responsibility. Don't close your eyes to the love that is contained within you!
4. Create. - Create the life you want. The Universe is unable to recognize the word 'don't,' so every time you say, "I don't want this to happen," the Universe cancels out the word don't and serves you up a plate of what you didn't want. Instead of saying what you don't want, exclaim what you do want! Create goals for yourself. Create a space of loving. Create adventures. Create fun. Create moments that make you happy to be alive. Put your creativity on repeat!
5. NOW. - This 'now' moment is the only thing that is real! I can obsess about the past, I can beat myself up, I can call myself all the names in the book, but NOW is the only thing I can touch! NOW is the miracle of being right here. NOW is where I can fully show up and love my life into being. NOW is where I can touch my emotions and create space to live from my true identity.
I hope you'll peer back over the past 7 months of 2017 and notice what lessons this year has offered you! I'd love to hear from you in the comments section!
May You Sweetly Seek:)