- Keep a gratitude journal on your night stand- Upon waking, gather a list of at least 5 items/people/places, etc. that make your heart soar!! I'll challenge you to do this exercise for at least 30 days and create a new list every day. Gratitude sets our day off on the right track!
- Make your bed- Research has shown that by starting your day off finishing something, you are setting yourself up for success! Honor the space that you find rest and healing in.
- Create a ritual of not checking your phone for 30 minutes after waking- give your gorgeous brain a chance to connect to your surroundings and environment instead of bombarding it with emails and social media.
- Enjoy nature- step outside and take in the majesty of your surroundings. Wether you live in the city or the country, head outside for at least 5 minutes and allow yourself to behold the simplicity of nature. Perhaps you observe the magnificence of a tree, or maybe you breathe in the fresh morning air, or maybe you draw your attention towards the slowly moving clouds. Soak up nature so that you can adopt her pace!
- Organize your tasks for the daily- Allow yourself to be most efficient by organizing your day. If you don't know what you want/need to accomplish, chances are, you might end up spinning your wheels. Create a list so that you can be inspired to knock out tasks.
- Write a thank you note or send a card- Isn't it nice to receive a card in the mail? I still find myself eagerly skipping to my mailbox in anticipation of a card or letter. Let someone know how special they are to you, or how grateful you are for their presence in your life. Perhaps they showed you a random kindness- return the favor!
- Meditate!- Okay, so realistically the 30 minutes you spent scrolling through social media in the morning, you could dedicate to a meditation practice (I speak to myself as I write this!). There are so many astounding benefits to meditation. Grant yourself the gift of a gently returning back to the present moment. No matter what's going on outside, know that inside- ALL IS WELL!
- Move your body!- Buy a FitBit, log your progress, phone a friend, eat to live. Stay encouraged to move. By moving our physical bodies, we set in motion the desires in our hearts! Keep your temple in top condition. Honor the ebb and flow of your body and alternate what feels good. Your body needs you to love it.
- Try something new- Did you know that there is a world at your fingertips waiting to be discovered? As Susan Jefferies said, "Feel the fear and do it anyways." Recognize what is holding you back, inquire into your fears, offer yourself compassion, but don't forget to make it happen! Allow your spirit to be thrilled with new experiences.
- Say YES when you mean it and NO when you don't.- A wonderful teacher of mine told me to learn to become good at saying no. A standard reply for me these days is, "If you need to know right now, the answer is no, but if you can wait 24 hours, I will get back in touch with you." That is such a freeing reply. Say YES because you really want to, not because you feel guilty or obligated. Notice the energy behind your YES and your NO.
- Practice Compassion- It's easy to sometimes find compassion for others, but you more than anyone deserves self compassion. All of our other relationships are predetermined by our relationship with 'Self.' If we are judgmental, harsh, negative, and downright abusive to ourselves, you better believe that our other relationships will be a mirror of our relationship with ourself. Put your hand on your heart and extend love to yourself. You are doing phenomenal! It isn't easy being a human being, there are oodles of lessons and moments of growth involved. Offer compassion to yourself for where you have been and where you are going!
- Rest- Sleep...Sleep...Sleep. You wouldn't think of trying to drive your car without fuel, so why would you attempt to run your body without rest. Dedicate yourself to night time rituals that promote sleep, peace, and calm. Your precious body needs time to rest and heal.
I hope you a wonderful Monday my friends!
May You Sweetly Seek:)