Because he believes in miracles, miracles begin to happen. Because he is sure that his thoughts can change his life, his life begins to change. Because he is certain that he will find love, love appears.”
Happy Tuesday beautiful hearts! How much of your day do you spend worrying about things that never happen? How many conversations do you rehearse in your mind and never have? How many stories do you tell yourself about how you are 'right' and the other person is 'wrong?' If you have raised your hand for any of these above statements, you are in good company. We have all carried worry around as a trusted friend.
I think our 'worrying' has become epidemic! One of my teachers shared, "The stories we tell ourselves are never good ones." Why is this? Sometimes I feel that our propensity to worry allows us to feel connected and more human? It's a daunting thought to truly tap into the enormity of our lives. In the moments of angst, overthinking, and anxiety, what burden do you carry and can you set it down for just a moment to become a warrior, not a worrier?
As I think about becoming a Warrior in my life, I notice that it is a conscious choice that I must make on a daily basis. I once heard that worrying is like sitting in a rocking chair, you just keep moving back and forth, but you never get anywhere! If you truly desire to make a shift today, then perhaps tap into the energy of gratitude. This energy is all around you. Can you make a list of all the things that you are grateful for? Maybe you will create and re-create this list 100 times today, but the act of tapping into this gratitude will change your life!
As I think about being a warrior, I seek for connection and meaning. How about you?Being a warrior is about creating more love, strength, and kindness on this planet! Being a worrier takes a lot of energy, and doesn't allow you to tap into your creative resources.
Being a warrior means tapping into universal themes in life. Truths that we may either reject or accept. I love the truths created by Cherie Carter Scott in her book, 'If Life is a Game, These are the Rules.' Maybe we wouldn't worry so much if we continually remembered that we are all in it together! Soak it in. Sit with it. Take what resonates and leave the rest. Allow it to inspire you to be a WARRIOR!
~When you were born, you didn't come with an owner's manual; these guidelines make life work better.
- You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it's the only thing you are sure to keep for the rest of your life.
- You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called "Life on Planet Earth". Every person or incident is the Universal Teacher.
- There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of experimentation. "Failures" are as much a part of the process as "success."
- A lesson is repeated until learned. It is presented to you in various forms until you learn it -- then you can go on to the next lesson.
- If you don't learn easy lessons, they get harder. External problems are a precise reflection of your internal state. When you clear inner obstructions, your outside world changes. Pain is how the universe gets your attention.
- You will know you've learned a lesson when your actions change. Wisdom is practice. A little of something is better than a lot of nothing.
- "There" is no better than "here". When your "there" becomes a "here" you will simply obtain another "there" that again looks better than "here."
- Others are only mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another unless it reflects something you love or hate in yourself.
- Your life is up to you. Life provides the canvas; you do the painting. Take charge of your life -- or someone else will.
- You always get what you want. Your subconscious rightfully determines what energies, experiences, and people you attract -- therefore, the only foolproof way to know what you want is to see what you have. There are no victims, only students.
- There is no right or wrong, but there are consequences. Moralizing doesn't help. Judgments only hold the patterns in place. Just do your best.
- Your answers lie inside you. Children need guidance from others; as we mature, we trust our hearts, where the Laws of Spirit are written. You know more than you have heard or read or been told. All you need to do is to look, listen, and trust.
- You will forget all this.
- You can remember any time you wish.
May You Sweetly Seek:)