― Mahatma Gandhi
1. Mediate- All you have to do is watch the breath for 5 minutes a day my friends. There is such astounding research out there that highlights we are actually able to re-wire the brain with our breath and with mindfulness. Perhaps wake up 5 minutes early or allow 5 minutes before falling asleep at night. How can you make space in your daily life to connect in with your breath?
2. Find something to look forward to - Your brain gets super happy when you have something to look forward to! There is a spike in endorphins and much excitement at the preparation of a new event! Create a life of anticipation in which you can look forward to experiences. Research has also found that sometimes our planning is actually more exciting than the event itself. How can you plan your year full of excitement?
3. Commit conscious acts of kindness - Do you like to buy coffee for the person behind you in line? Have you ever picked up someones tab at dinner? Do you ever do something kind just because you can? Doing things for others can't help but increase our own sense of well being! What's one thing you can do today for another?
4. Infuse positivity in your surroundings - How is your home supporting your forward progression in life? Do you have positive and inspiring people in your life?What is your work space like? Positivity in your surroundings can be huge. I have quotes and positive images strewn around my home for just this reason. Every time I look around, I see a thought that supports where I want to go in my life. No time for negative Nellie's my friend. This journey is way to short to be swept into a current of negativity! How can you add a little more positivity into your surrounding?
5. Movement or exercise - My coach Michael made a brilliant statement..."Those who stretch past the boundaries of what they think they could do are ultimately super successful." I love this. Move your body. Move your mind. Get the energy of your life sweeping in your favor! You got this! Stretch past your limitations and into possibilities!
6. Spend money, but not on stuff - Have you ever looked around your home and wondered why you purchased something? I recently peered into my closets and have found items I just "had" to have staring back at me without any excitement. Those things I thought I needed seem to take extra energy from my life. Everything in our world contains energy and if we are tending to objects we've outgrown, clothing we can't wear, and stuff that no longer serves us, this zaps our life force. Perhaps begin spending your money on travel, concerts, adventures, or pro-social behaviors that create memories for you.
7. Exercise your strengths - Another classic from Michael, "Release the shame of your past and radiate your own unique energy!" Boom! This makes me want to get up and do a happy dance!! I love this!!! How would your life change if you moved from your strengths instead of trying to be good at something you're not interested in? Heal old stories so that you can truly live in the present moment! Be fully alive to the joy in your heart! You have this amazing light to share with the world!! Fully shine it my loves!!
May You Sweetly Seek:)