Do you realize that the words you use become suggestions to your subconscious? Every thought you think, every word you speak becomes a belief within your consciousness. As you pause for a moment and reflect on the beginning of this brand new day, what words did you use to describe it? What feelings arose for you? How did you experience yourself in the landscape of your life? Did the day leave a sweet taste on your palette? What smells took you back?
As you reflect on this notion, it also becomes very important to meditate on how you receive suggestions. In essence you can view this as another way in which you are able to communicate with the world. There are 5 basic ways in which we register our life experiences. The Wellness Institute (TWI) has identified these 5 ways:
- Visual- According to TWI, 60% of people are visual. Visuals will often say, "See what I mean?"
- Auditory- According to TWI, 40% of people are auditory. "They often say, 'It sounds good to me.' They relate more to words than to pictures or feelings."
- Kinesthetic- According to TWI, 40% are kinesthetic. "These people relate to feelings, to touch and to experiences. They experience suggestions."
- Olfactory- According to TWI, 30% can experience an aroma that is not actually present in the room.
- Gustatory- According to TWI, 30% relate to taste.
As you can see, these figures add up to more than 100%, because more often than not individuals can relate to more than one as they register their experiences. So what does this information mean to you?
This information can help you in your communication style with your self and others. How do you experience the world? How do you share your world with others?
The more we know ourselves, the more we can extend compassion to self and others!
May You Sweetly Seek:)