- Successful people plan ahead. As Antoine de Saint-Exupery reminds us, “A goal without a plan is just a wish.” Let's face it, we all have dreams in our hearts and goals in our souls, but if we don't come up with a plan, chances are, they end up dying still inside of us. Instead of overwhelming yourself with gallon size goals, why not make it more realistic and set up something that is quite manageable for yourself. Close your eyes for a moment, and think of something that you would like to accomplish by the end of the day today. After you come up with it, grab a tab of paper and pen and jot down three ways that you can accomplish this goal today. Make sure to hold yourself accountable to this goal. Create rituals in your life where you create plans for your upcoming accomplishments. See yourself succeeding and come up with action steps to get yourself there.
- Successful People Do the Hard Stuff First. If everything were easy, people would be lining up with completed lists of task. Those 'hard' moments of life are what produce growth and change. Think of all of the pressure it takes to create a diamond! By accomplishing hard tasks first, you'll be able to step into your greatness and follow up with some of the easier tasks.
- Successful people say NO. Saying NO is one of the most complete sentences you'll ever say. Can you say this full sentence without feeling guilty or incomplete? As you look to some of the great icons of our time, do you think they said YES to everyone and everything. Carolyn Myss has a wonderful way of describing this concept. If upon waking each morning you discover that the Universe has bestowed you with 100 currents of energy for the day, how will you decide to spend it? Are you going to invest your time and energy in people, situations, and events that drain you, or are you going to harness the voice of your inner knowing and make NO a complete sentence in your life. No explaining necessary.
- Successful people invest in themselves. This is key to being successful. How are you growing your talents? Are you willing to spend the time, money and energy to become a master at your craft? You are already one step ahead of the game if you realize your innate talents trump cookie cutter living. Your authenticity is golden when it comes to investing in what makes you unique. Seek out individuals, situations, trainings, and communities which support your evolution.
- Successful people surround themselves with other successful people. It's time to mingle with the folks that you'd like to be growing in character towards. Your network of folks is crucial to your success! As Roy Bennett says, “Surround yourself with people who believe in your dreams, encourage your ideas, support your ambitions, and bring out the best in you.”
- Successful people study their craft. I love this! You are only as current as your last read. As I dive deeper into my study of Yoga, I find that I have so much evolving to do. I know a fraction of the information that is available, and I am still so eager to keep learning about this sacred practice. What craft are you passionate about and when was the last time you picked up a new read, or attended a workshop about the cutting edge developments?
- Successful people are accountable for their actions. As Inc. reiterates this becomes a habit. It's easy to point the finger at other people, but this is where we get tripped up in the victim triangle. If it is always someone else's fault, then how do we ever grow and evolve. Bring in some compassion and know that we are all learning and growing.
- Successful people believe in themselves. BOOM! This is key. If you aren't willing to believe in yourself, then how are you going to muster the energy of success. You are one divine light of amazing energy and as Marianne Williamson said, "Your playing small does not serve the world." Share your light and love with others. Connect to your passions and express them in your daily life. Believe that YOU are meant to be here for a reason much bigger than you can grasp with your Earthly mind. Represent your heart. Share your passions. Embrace your career. Seek peace. Become a lover. Create community.
Happy Thursday beautiful hearts! I was leafing through Inc.'s website and I stumbled across this article which highlighted 8 things that successful people do. As I skimmed through the article I found myself compiling the steps for myself on my vision board. I am so thankful for the organized and brilliant thinkers who comprise these guidelines to help us all achieve the success that we desire. I believe that this success is in alignment with our soul's purpose. As Inc. points out, "It all comes down to priorities." I highlight the 8 principles and then I added in my own musing on them. Let's check out the top 8 priorities:
I'm Sarah, a Capricorn girl, seeking inspiration, beauty, travel, and Samadhi through an inspired life. One of my most treasured passions is writing, so it is my hope that this blog serves as an outlet for my passion as well as inspiration for the readers of it! May you be curious, kind, and fearless as you wind through this journey called life. Enjoy the ride as you Sweetly Seek! (Read my story).