As I become more aware of my relationship to food and the aliveness that food offers, I find myself seeking more nutritious foods that nourish my physical body. I could dedicate a whole blog to this awakening, but when was the last time you ate a leaf of lettuce and tasted the aliveness contained within it? Can you feel the energy that it offers to your physical body? When was the last time you ate a meal without your cell phone in hand, or reading a magazine? Can you be more present to the plate that is in front of you?
Our food is fuel for this vessel that we live in. Processed foods clutter up our experiences and put us into unnecessary trances. As your physical body awakens to the energy of Spring, may you awaken to the aliveness of each morsel of your life. Savor the flavors of the Earth and delight in the awareness of your natural palette.
May You Sweetly Seek:)
Yield 8 servings
For the Carrot Muffins:
- 2 cups carrot pulp
- 1 cup raw pecans, plus 8 more
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup cashew nuts, soaked for 2 hours
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons raw agave syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoon water
2. Add carrot pulp and spices. Process until the mix has taken the form of a smooth “dough.”
3. Add raisins and pulse to combine. Don’t over process raisins.
4. Press dough into cupcake cups. Refrigerate for at least an hour before icing.
5. To make the topping: Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender like the Vitamix and blend until smooth. You may have to stop the blender and push the ingredients down into the blade. The longer you blend, the smoother your cream will be.
6. Refrigerate the cream for an hour to firm up before using.
7. Spoon on to the raw carrot muffins and top with a pecan.