May You Sweetly Seek:)
- This is a silent exercise.
- Walk in silence. As you walk, look at everything you see as though it doesn’t have a name. As you walk, begin to name the thing that your eyes rest upon as if you were God, naming things for the very first time.
- Use only “first-generation” names.
For example: sky, flower, insect, tree, concrete, shoe, woman.
- As you notice thoughts moving one more generation away (for example, “wonderful morning” or “what a beautiful tree!”), notice, gently stop, be still.
- Return to simple, uncomplicated one-word, first-generation names: ground, sky, woman….
It is a silent exercise.